Are you ready in the event of an unexpected exit of a leader from your organization? Are your Leadership Continuity Plans (often called Succession Plans) flexible enough to accommodate changes in business strategy, short-term needs, or long term organizational outcomes? Does your top leadership talent know where they stand?
It has been suggested that 2/3 of all organizations have no formal succession planning processes in place, and approximately the same number have no identified successor for the CEO position.
At ClearPoint we help organizations, small and large, to answer questions like this. We help them to put concrete plans and processes in place to ensure their business is not negatively impacted by the exit of a leader.
We believe that there is no such thing as an unanticipated exit – every leader will eventually leave their position and the organization (hopefully through retirement after many years of outstanding contribution). However we do believe that organizations need to prepare for an unexpected exit, which is a common feature of today’s organizational landscape. The psychological contract between organizations and the individuals that work inside them is changing, and you need a Leadership Continuity Plan that recognizes this.
At ClearPoint Leadership Strategies we can:
- Design, Implement, and maintain a comprehensive Leadership Continuity Planning process.
- Recommend and support you in identifying the most appropriate technology platform to support your succession planning initiatives.
- Support your internal Human Resources staff in developing a Leadership Continuity Planning Process.
- Provide education to your leadership teams on LCP practices and start getting them to think ahead.
- ‘Stress Test’ your existing LCP processes to determine areas that require improvement.
To get started on your Leadership Continuity Planning, connect with us today.