EQ-i & EQ360 Certification
We want to make you the authority in emotional intelligence. If you are not already certified in the EQ-i, now is your chance to become part of the EQ-i 2.0 experience.
In-person courses are offered at various locations throughout the year. Click here to see a list of scheduled courses.
**NEW** Starting in January 2013, we will be offering a combined EQ-i & EQ360 Certification course delivered online using a combination of Instructor-Led Online Learning, Conference Calls, and supporting activities. For more information and special introductory rates, please contact us.
Why get certified in the EQ? Give yourself the competitive advantage:
- Access – to the EQ-i 2.0, a Level B instrument that is well respected in the market and a leading-edge assessment to add to your toolkit.
- Grow – your business or internal consulting practice by using the EQ-i 2.0 as a catalyst for building your client development action plan.
- Diversify – your practice by using the EQ-i 2.0 in a variety of ways: leadership development, selection, executive coaching and much, much more.
What are the objectives for the certification process?
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence and its importance.
- Describe the components of the EQ-i2.0 and the EQ360, including defining composite scales and subscales.
- Understand the science behind the EQ-i2.0 and EQ360.
- Describe best practices around administering and providing feedback on the EQ360, and 360 tools in general.
- Interpret an EQ-i2.0 and EQ360 assessment.
- Follow a structured approach to preparing for a feedback session.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct an effective assessment debrief session.
- Explain the benefits of EI to their client groups.
- Describe how EI applies to different disciplines.
- Identify the ethics pertaining to the EQ-i2.0 and EQ360.
- Identify resources available post-certification.
- Assess which report type is appropriate for their client.
What does certification include?
- Access to resources on the EQ-i 2.0 and emotional intelligence in general.
- Access to an online portal where you can connect with current EQ-i 2.0 certified practitioners like you.
- Two free reports to use after you get certified and a online account where you administer and score the assessments.
- You own personal EQ-i assessment and feedback from an experienced coach.
- A certificate authorizing you as eligible to purchase and administer the EQ-i 2.0
- 60 days of email support for questions following the course.
How does the In-Person certification process work?
- A blended learning solution that enables you to do parts of the certification online, saving you time and travel costs.
- A 2 day interactive in-class portion focused on building the skills you need in order to use the EQ-i 2.0 with confidence.
- A virtual classroom where you access elearning pre-work as well as the online exam.
For dates of upcoming in-person certification courses click here.
Why certify through Us?
Your facilitator for this certification course is Drew Bird, an experienced leadership development practitioner and organization development consultant who has worked with some of the largest organizations in Canada. From delivering individual assessments to integrating emotional intelligence into organization wide talent management initiatives, Drew’s unique experience can help you to bring the EQ-i and EQ360 tools into your consulting practice or your organization for maximum effect. Drew’s practical experience is supported by an MSc in Organizational Psychology and an MA in Leadership.